Translate

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kyle's Bachelor Weekend


A couple of my friends, Kyle and Nicole, are getting married next month in Austin (which I can't wait for, I've always wanted to go there and Kyle has promised to take me to Salt Lick's BBQ). This past weekend he had his bachelor party in Estes which was a lot of fun. He got his groomsmen these nice growlers, so we all stopped by Oskar Blues on the way up, got some taste tests, had some dinner, and filled our growlers. We rented this great house up there - a bunch of bedrooms, two floors, balcony all the way around, the only bad thing was we couldn't get the electric fire place going. Ended the night with some beer pong and several of us learning to be DJs on Will's Ipad.
The next day we ate way too much pizza and rocky mountain oysters (that's right), then went on a six mile hike in Rocky Mountain National Park. Maybe not the smartest thing, I think we were all a little too full for it, but it was a fun hike and we felt like badasses walking back to the car with the snow falling hard.
We went to the Stanley Hotel which is just as nice as I thought it was going to be (though for some reason the heat was at about 95). If you've never heard of it, it used to be a place where really rich and famous people would vacation. If you've seen The Shining, that's where it was filmed. I thought at the time dinner was delicious, but the food poisoning I got from the scallops changed my mind. I spent most of the night revisiting the meal while the rest of the guys played beer pong upstairs. It's a really good group of guys, which I'm happy about because I'll be spending a lot of time with them over the next month or so.
The hike and being up in the mountains really made me want to get into nature a bit more, so if anyone wants to go camping I am planning on going
this weekend and next, probably do some hiking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment